The right windows can make or break your home’s curb appeal and overall design. From basic double-hung and casement windows to innovative designs and interesting approaches, there are an almost infinite number of ways to get creative with vinyl windows for your San Diego home.
One of the best things about vinyl windows is their ease of customization. It’s a breeze to take a basic vinyl window and turn it into something special that can add interest and new levels of personality to your home.
Take advantage of the following San Diego vinyl window design ideas:
1) Entryway Windows –Your home’s entryway is the first impression, and it deserves to be a good one! Use sidelights or transoms to upgrade your entryway with vinyl windows.
2) Bay Windows –Bay windows are a traditional way to boost your curb appeal. They offer lots of natural light, and even a cozy place to sit and read or store extras if you add a bench.
3) Skylights –Transoms, skylights and high windows bring the beauty of the outdoors inside your home without sacrificing privacy or comfort. High windows also offer great ventilation in addition to natural light.
4) Dormer Windows –Dormer windows balance your home’s exterior design by detracting from short areas and enhancing the appearance of height. Add a dormer window to break up roofing.
5) Walls of Windows – While it may seem obvious, a lot of homeowners discount the appeal of a window wall. Maximize your light and space and still protect your home from the elements with energy efficiency vinyl window walls.
6) Clerestory Windows –Define your roof, brighten a space, or highlight special architectural details with clerestory windows. Add some to your kitchen for a boost of natural light without sacrificing storage space or ceiling height.
7) Stained Glass Windows – A classic for a reason, stained glass windows bring back beautiful elegance and interest into your home’s design. Put stained glass in almost any room for a bright accent or subtle hint of color.
8) Modern Windows –Modern and contemporary windows boast clean lines, simple shapes and idyllic simplicity that can complement any home. Choose tempered glass or double-paned contemporary windows to get the look without sacrificing on your energy bill.
9) Outside the Box – Just because it’s not on this list doesn’t mean it’s not possible! Experiment with unusual window shapes to set of your home’s unique shape and look. Vinyl windows can be made into squares, circles, keyholes, arches and more. Decorative grillwork also adds personal flair to unusual window shapes and styles.
10) Window Treatments – Window treatments are the final touch for every single vinyl window design. Never leave your windows hanging without blinds or curtains. Not only do they give you more privacy, by they complete the look for a cohesive design concept. Soften hard lines with a flowing drapery, or add edge with sharp blinds.
Have fun with your vinyl window designs! It’s your home, so make it your own from top to bottom.