It is easy to see why vinyl windows are growing in popularity in the San Diego area, and many home owners are choosing to have these replacement windows installed in their home. Before you decide whether vinyl windows are right for you, it is important that you consider the advantages and disadvantages of these windows.
These windows are made from a plastic material that is known as polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which offers high quality insulation for the home. In the industry, it is known for having a high R-value, which is an indication of the insulation properties of the material.
Disadvantages of Vinyl Windows
- No Repainting: Many homeowners see it as a benefit that the windows and frames don’t need to be repainted on a regular basis. But, the drawback is that the color can’t be changed by applying a new coat of paint. Make sure that you select a color that you like, because you will be stuck with that color once the installation is complete.
- Fading: Over time, the vinyl might start to discolor because of sun exposure. Generally, vinyl tends to hold up longer than other types of materials, But, once the wear and tear starts to show through, you can’t add a fresh coat of paint to cover up the discoloration.
Advantages of Vinyl Windows
You will see that the advantages of these windows far outweigh the disadvantages listed above. Here are some of the advantages that you can enjoy when vinyl windows are installed in your home:
- Improved Energy Costs: These windows offer good insulation, which makes it easier to manage the temperature inside your home. The HVAC system won’t need to kick on-and-off as frequently, because the temperatures will stay consistent.
- Save Money: Vinyl is one of the least expensive options for windows. If you are looking for a way to save money without sacrificing quality, then vinyl windows are a great option to consider.
- Low Maintenance: It can be frustrating to have high-maintenance materials on your home, especially if you don’t have the extra time available to care for these products. Vinyl windows are low maintenance, and you don’t have to worry about scratches or unsightly wear and tear. Vinyl is resistant to weather elements, which means that they maintain a good appearance for a longer period of time, compared with other types of windows.
- Design Features: There are many colors, shapes and sizes that you can choose from when you are selecting windows for your home. These windows can even be custom made according to your individual preferences.
As you can see, there are many advantages to having vinyl windows installed in your home. If you are interested in learning more about San Diego vinyl windows, then you should contact Clear Concepts Window & Door. We are always available to answer your questions and help you choose the windows that are right for your home. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality windows and service available in the San Diego area. Call us today for a free in-home estimate (619) 583-7171.